Google search engine is overwhelmingly the first choice for online searches, accounting for about 86% of worldwide search traffic. So, if you aren’t already employing Google search engine optimization for your business, now is the time to start – especially since Google offers detailed business information for free.
How Google My Business Is Changing In 2022
Google My Business (GMB) is the service offered by Google to track and grow your business, which you are hopefully already familiar with. If you are not, don’t worry, give us a call right away so we can help you take full advantage of it. We are going to break down how Google My Business is changing in the coming year.
- First things first, Google My Business is changing its name to ‘Google Business Profile.’
- The app currently being used for GMB is going to be retired and instead, businesses and marketing managers will access their profiles on the Google Search side of Google Maps
- All businesses that create a Business Profile on Google will now be allowed to complete their setup directly on Google Search or Google Maps You can easily check the information listed on your business, i.e. hours of operation and address, and make changes just as easily all through Google Search or Google Maps, no need to go to a different page or app.
- A Business Profile Manager dashboard is available when logging in to your profile which allows you to manage multiple profiles and multiple locations in one place. This makes the Google Business Profile convenient for both large businesses and small businesses. Small businesses need only to go through Google Search or Google Maps to manage their business.
- Google Business Profile will also offer a wide range of attributes that businesses can add to their profile to add more information for searchers to see, i.e. details about wheelchair access, identifying as ‘veteran-owned,’ or other details that may not have previously been available.
Keeping up with the new changes may feel a bit overwhelming, but don’t worry – that is why we are here to help. We can help you make sure that your business information is clear, and easy to access, and even improve your search engine optimization so your listing shows up before others. With all the changes, we also wanted to point out some things that are the same concerning Google Business Profile.
- Your business profile is still free
- A Google Business Profile, with the most accurate information on your business, is still one of the most beneficial tools you can utilize to track and grow your business
- Marketing strategies and techniques are made more effective when utilized with the information gathered from a Google Business Profile
Spot On Solutions is still the leading expert in online marketing, Google search engine optimization, and helping you take your business to the next level. We know Google My Business very well, and we have done our homework and are confident going into the new changes with Google Business Profile. We can and will continue to help businesses find success through Google searches and online marketing. Give us a call today and let us help you understand and utilize the new changes to Google My Business so you can hit the ground running and elevate your business. Not sure where to start with creating a business profile? We can help!